Saturday, October 8, 2011

it's almost freezing

Winter: (noun) The coldest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from December to February.

Winter has come back to Provo, and it's only the beginning of October.  That couldn't possibly be correct, right?  After all, the definition of winter says that it begins in December and ends in February.  The definition doesn't apply to Utah.

Winter: (noun) The coldest months of the year, in Utah from October to March, or possibly later, depending on the year.

Much more accurate.


The good news?  All of the hats and scarves I brought down here can finally start being useful.  The bad news?  Those hats and scarves I brought down have to start being useful.  

While I love having the chance to wear my winter clothes, I don't love the fact that I have to wear them in order to avoid freezing.  Unfortunately that is what I am going to have to do, whether I like it or not.  I'll just have to get used to my extra layers of clothes and the very cold temperatures.

So to conclude, welcome back winter.  You have made it an interesting, and very cold last couple of days.  You can leave now, and come back at a more reasonable date.

No comments:

Post a Comment