Monday, October 3, 2011

friends, family, and football

Remember all of those people that you knew in high school and then you parted ways you went off to college you wouldn't have to see them anymore?  It was a relief to not have to see some of them any longer, and for others, it was quite saddening.  I knew plenty of these people.  This past weekend I was fortunate enough to have the chance to see one of the people that I was sad to part ways with.  She is one of my best friends and her name is Tarah.  I saw Tarah almost everyday last summer, up until we had to start college.  Tarah going up to Logan to attend Utah State, and me going down to Provo to attend BYU.

Last weekend Utah State came down and played BYU, and in the last couple of minutes of the game, the cougars managed to pull out a win over the aggies.  While I was elated from the cougar victory, I can't say that much for Tarah.  She was heartbroken.  I can understand this, if the tables had been turned I would have been the same way.  

She was disappointed

I forced her to smile

Salt Lake City, our families, and general conference was what topped off the weekend.  Tarah and I were able to get together one last time on Saturday evening and while we were together we continued our summer tradition of eating ice cream with some other dessert mixed in with it (this time it was a cookie) and planning on watching a movie, but never ending up doing so.  

It would be expected that I wouldn't learn anything from this exciting weekend, but I did.  First, I learned that I will always love it when my football team wins.  Second, spending time with an old friend and family is great.  And last of all, being able to have ice cream with my old friend is a great idea, especially when that ice cream comes with a chocolate chip cookie.   

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post stinky pants. I miss you at home. Also, let's have a blog posting contest with an awesome prize at the end. Looks like I'm already winning!!!!

    ReplyDelete